When going into a job interview being prepared is key. Here are some phrases and questions that will insure you a one way ticket to staying unemployed.
- Ugh, this seems like a dead end job.
- You sound like you would be a terrible boss.
- This sounds like too much work, do you have anything easier?
- Man, this job sounds super easy.
- Um, you’re boring me. Is there someone else I can talk to about this position?
- Sounds like too many hours for me. Do you have anything on the lighter side of 40 hours?
- Are you sure that’s all that this position pays?
- How many vacation days do I get? Can I take those right away?
- What does this company do again?
- Where am I? Who are you?
- That is not a good color on you. You need to stay away from plaids.
Now you’d think no one would ever say any of the above items in their interview, but in talking with my friend who does interviews on a daily basis you’d be surprised. She recommends offering compliments, doing your research on the job and company, and being sure of yourself and your abilities. See the job interview as a chance to sell yourself and let them know what value you can bring to the job position.